Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tuesday, day 71

Today we had a family fun 1/2 day at Carowinds.  It was only 101 degrees outside with 70% humidity, but we survived and even kept the kids awake until after we got home so everyone could get a nap!  Yeah baby!  That's how you do it!

Somehow, my ability to keep the house "clean" has spilled a bit.  Don't get me wrong, in the last 70 days I have not gone to bed but one time (2 days ago) with a dirty kitchen.  Just so you know, it sucked to wake up and see the sink full of dishes and know that the dishwasher was full of clean dishes and that it was going to require effort to straighten up.  I will have to work on that not happening again.  I guess, I have not really cared about really cleaning in the last couple of days because I was too busy sleeping or wiping snot.  Just a thought, not an excuse!

Oh yeah, and Matt has basically bailed on our Bible reading plan.  He will listen to me while I read whatever chapter from the New Testament, but after that I just read quietly and try not to fall asleep.  I mean I understand where he is coming from, Leviticus is difficult to read.  Difficult to understand, strange to imagine (throwing blood on the side of the alter sounds really messy) and difficult to stay awake.  I am trying to get something out of it...  Although reading 2 chapters from Leviticus if hard, I am enjoying a Proverb each night.  Some verses apply directly to my life.
    * Let not you heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the Lord all day.  Prov. 23:17
  I think sometimes as a mother, you compare yourself to others.  I have to remind myself that not everyone around me is walking in the way of the Lord, therefore I need not want to be like them.

No comments: